Wednesday, May 21, 2008

SANJOO WHERE ARE YOU?

No it is not one more Scooby Doo but an ad about life insurance. This ad is now on TV during the 20-02 cricket match IPL tournament that is being played in India. Wide comes home and keep calling her husband Sanjoo (it could be Sanju but the way she screams out the name I am tempted to add two os). Naturally being an older person I am mad at this ad but my sons chide me. If you have to call somebody not in the vicinity you have to shut naturally, they argue. True – in real life it can be irritating and in an ad it can be doubly irritating. Here in the ad the wife finally finds her husband on the terrace but the way that guy sleeps make her think something has grievously gone wrong. He is slumped on the easy chair; coffee is spilled on the floor. The wife fearfully touches and he wakes up terrified – terrifying himself, his wife and in the process the viewers. Anyway the ad apart the message is clear – you have to take insurance that too at an early age. However irritating an ad can be you have to read the message that runs through the ads. (One of my friends tells me that many ads are purposefully made to irritate so that it can attract lots of viewers especially youngsters).But since this ad is about life insurance I forgive the scary aspect of it and go for the insurance part of it.

No comments: