Sunday, June 15, 2008

Miscommuncation

Myself and my younger brother are going to see the recently released movie of Kamal Hassan the Dasavatharam. The theatre is far away from our home in a place called Tambaram the southern end of Chennai City. The tickets are costing abut Rs. 200 and my mother when told this to my father he started shouting and screaming. Yes the cost was too much but my friend who was buying the ticket just told us that it could cost us that much and my mother promptly misinformed my father – and my father as usual behaved unreasonably. Finally the ticket’s cost was Rs. 150 – still high – but my father calmed down and allowed us to go. The scene could have been moderated had my mother communicated properly and anyway it would not have worked even then because my father has a general dislike for Kamal Hassan’s movies.

No comments: